Information we collect about you
We collect and store the following personal information:
- information you provide Us (whether via the Website, phone, email or otherwise) such as name, address, email address, contact information, and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial and credit card information and transaction date such as products or services purchased from Us; and
- information We collect about you such as computer sign-on data, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Website, web log information, responses to advertisements, the Internet protocol (“IP”) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other similar information.
We do not collect any special categories of personal information about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do We collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
This website is not intended for children and We do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Where We need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract We have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, We may not be able to perform the contract We have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but We will notify you if this is the case at the time.
Use of the information
We will only use your personal data when the law allows Us to. Most commonly, We will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Performance of a Contract: Where We need to perform the contract We are about to enter into or have entered into with you. For example, to take payment from you for products or services or arrange delivery of a product or services to you.
- Legitimate Interest: Where it is necessary for Our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. Legitimate Interest means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable Us to give you the best service/product and the best and most secure experience. We make sure We consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before We process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless We have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You can obtain further information about how We assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting Us.
- Legal Obligation: Where We need to comply with a legal obligation that We have. For example in some countries We may be required to provide your personal information to customs authorities in relation to delivery of products to you.
- Consent: Where We have your consent to using your personal information for a particular activity. For example, where you consent to Us sharing with you special offers which We think may be of interest.
We will use your personal information to:
- provide our services, deliver our product or otherwise carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and Us;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
operate the [marketplace];
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- encourage safe trading and enforce our policies (including but not limited to this Policy);
- customize users’ experience, measure interest in our services, improve our services and inform users about services and updates;
- communicate marketing and promotional offers to you either from ourselves or selected third parties, according to your preferences;
- do other things for users as described when we collect the information.
Disclosure of information
You agree that We have the right to share your personal information with:
- any member of the Proconnect group, which means its subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries (“Proconnect Group”).
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract We enter into with them or you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist Us in the improvement and optimisation of our Website; and
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of Us entering into a contract with you.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We may also disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a posting or other content violates other’s rights, or protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety. We may also disclose your personal information in the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets and such personal data may be one of the transferred assets.
You agree to receive marketing communications about goods and services on behalf of our third party advertising partners unless you tell Us that you prefer not to receive such communications. If you don’t wish to receive marketing communications from Us, simply indicate your preference by following directions provided with the communication.
Transfer of your information
The data that We collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, destinations in the United Arab Emirates (“UAE”) and other countries which may be outside of your country of residence. Some of these countries are subject to different standards of data protection than your country of residence.
It will also be processed by staff operating inside or outside the UAE who work for Us or for one of our suppliers. This includes staff engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by Us when transferring your personal data.
Retention of Data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes We collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if We reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, We consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which We process your personal data and whether We can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
In some circumstances you can ask Us to delete your data: see your rights below for further information.
In some circumstances We will anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case We may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Controls in place
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, We limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure.
Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data during transmission, which is at your own risk.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Under certain circumstances, you will have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data, which may include the right to:
Object to processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms We use to collect your data. If at any time you wish to have your information updated or removed from our active marketing databases, please contact Us (at the details below) or click unsubscribe link on any communication.
Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data We hold about you and to check that We are lawfully processing it.
Request correction of the personal data that We hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to Us.
Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for Us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask Us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where We may have processed your information unlawfully or where We are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that We may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, We may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask Us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
- If you want Us to establish the data’s accuracy.
- Where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want Us to erase it.
- Where you need Us to hold the data even if We no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- You have objected to our use of your data but We need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where We used the information to perform a contract with you.
Withdraw consent at any time where We are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
Lodge a Complaint with your local supervisory authority. You have a right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority (i.e. your place of habitual residence, place of work of place of alleged infringement) if you have concerns about how We are processing your personal information. We ask that you please attempt to resolve any issues with Us first, although you have a right to contact your supervisory authority at any time.
Exercising Your Rights
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact Us. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, We may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, We could refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help Us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it could take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, We will notify you and keep you updated.
Third Party Sites
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Revisions to our Policy
This Policy was last updated on 28 August 2018. We reserve the right to revise this Policy from time to time. Any such changes will be posted on this page and We strongly suggest that you visit and review our Policy periodically to make sure you understand how information you provide will be used.
LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT WILL PROCONNECT, THE PROCONNECT GROUP OR ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES OR ANY PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DELIVERING THE WEBSITE OR ITS PRODUCTS OR SERVICES BE LIABLE IN ANY MANNER WHATSOEVER FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS, USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE, OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY FAILURE OR PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS OR LINE OR SYSTEM FAILURE (INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR DATA, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, AND DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM INACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION OR INCONVENIENCE, DELAY, OR LOSS OF THE USE OF THE WEBSITE). THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS APPLY WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER BASIS, EVEN IF PROCONNECT, PROCONNECT GROUP OR ITS AFFILIATES OR ANY OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy are welcomed, please Contact Us for the same.