The United Arab Emirates (UAE) is a major trading partner of China, with bilateral trade volumes exceeding $70 billion in 2022. As a result, there is a high demand for export and customs clearance services from China to the UAE.
This blog post will provide a comprehensive guide to export and customs clearance from China to the UAE, covering everything from the costing and time required to the documentation and mode of transport. We will also discuss which transport is suitable for what type of customer.
The cost of exporting goods from China to the UAE will vary depending on a number of factors, including the type of goods being shipped, the weight and volume of the shipment, and the mode of transport. You can reach out to top freight forwarders in Dubai or your respective province for a customized quotation basis your requirements.
In addition to the freight costs, you will also need to factor in the cost of customs clearance fees, which are typically around 5% of the value of the shipment.
The time required for export and customs clearance from China to the UAE will also vary depending on the mode of transport.
Here are some general guidelines for the time required for export and customs clearance from China to the UAE:
- Sea freight: 25-35 days
- Air freight: 7-10 days
- Express courier: 3-5 days
It is important to note that these are just general guidelines. The actual time required may vary depending on a number of factors, such as the complexity of the shipment, the time of year, and the workload of the customs authorities.
The following documentation is required for export and customs clearance from China to the UAE:
- Commercial invoice
- Packing list
- Certificate of origin
- Bill of lading (for sea freight) or airway bill (for air freight)
- Delivery order
- Any other relevant documentation, such as permits or licenses for restricted goods
Mode of Transport
The best mode of transport for your shipment will depend on a number of factors, including the type of goods being shipped, the urgency of the shipment, and your budget.
Here is a brief overview of the different modes of transport available for export from China to the UAE:
- Sea freight: Sea freight is the most economical mode of transport for large shipments that are not time-sensitive.
- Air freight: Air freight is the fastest mode of transport, but it is also the most expensive.
- Express courier: Express couriers such as DHL and FedEx offer a door-to-door service that is ideal for small, urgent shipments.
Which Transport is Suitable for What Type of Customer?
Here are some general guidelines for which mode of transport is suitable for what type of customer:
- Large, non-time-sensitive shipments: Sea freight
- Small, urgent shipments: Express courier
- Customers with a tight budget: Sea freight
- Customers who need their shipment to arrive quickly: Air freight
If you have any questions about export and customs clearance from China to the UAE, please do not hesitate to contact us. We would be happy to assist you.