There are many shippers who choose to handle all the shipping processes and documentation in-house, wherein they directly deal with the shipping line, air line or the transporter. While there are others who entrust all their shipping to a third party shipping expert, usually a freight broker or a freight forwarder or a third party logistics (3PL) company.
How Does Partnering with a Freight Broker Benefit?
What would you choose:
1) latest technology for efficiency and visibility in shipping, or
2) appoint a freight broker for his experience, or
Many shippers would choose option 3, where they get the best of both – latest technology for enhanced / real time visibility along with the expertise of a freight broker.
While there are various advantages a shipper can accrue, three of the below points top our list of benefits.
- Expertise and Experience – With a freight broker handling your shipments, you’ve automatically appointed a subject matter expert in your team. A freight forwarder or a broker possesses better understanding of the markets, regulations and its compliances. They are familiar with the constantly changing routes, capacities, tariffs and special requirements, if any, depending on the type of your cargo. They can also take care of shipping dangerous goods, bulky goods and equipment. A freight broker like ProConnect Integrated Logistics has both experience and expertise to handle all kinds of shipments, across all major territories and offer additional services and solutions, whenever required.
- Efficiency and Agility – Logistics industry can be extremely volatile and can see dynamic changes. There are times when your logistics requirement might change, but your transporter is unable to accommodate it. At this point, an experienced freight broker may be able to offer solutions – thanks to their agility. On the other hand, a freight broker understands the pulse of the market, therefore they can help you plan schedules and routes of your shipment for maximum efficiency in handling and delivery timelines. ProConnect Integrated Logistics allots an account manager, a single point of contact for all its customers, to ensure there is a clear line of communication, understanding, support and thus efficiency for your logistics requirements.
- Wide Network and Reach – A freight broker or a 3PL company have established relationships with agents, shipping lines, air lines and transporters that can be beneficial to you, because they have been vetted and have worked with the broker earlier, and your freight broker will know the pros and cons of each. Additionally, 3PLs also have numerous agents across the globe and can thus facilitate shipping, cross trade and clearance at many destination. This network and reach of a freight broker can help you ship your goods at any part of the world. This could also mean that it will probably cost you lesser, thanks to their solid and close working relationship with the carriers and the overall volumes for which they facilitate shipping. A 3PL like ProConnect Integrated Logistics has a wide agent network and helps its customers with shipping across all the major ports, airports and terrains across the world.
ProConnect Integrated Logistics – Your Freight Forwarding Partner
There are many freight brokers in the industry, it is important for you to choose the right partner for your shipment. Your shipment is valuable, and we ensure we treat it like ours. ProConnect Integrated Logistics gets its expertise, experience and value of working from its group company – Redington. Over the years, ProConnect has established itself as a preferred freight forwarder and logistics partner for many companies in the UAE and Saudi Arabia, catering to a variety of industries.
If you are looking for a partner to take care of all your logistics hassles, talk to us.